Saturday, June 25, 2011

Not again!

I sprained my ankle today. I didn't get it checked it out but I know for sure it is sprained because I had the same exact type of twist and fall motion on my left side a year and a half ago. It's the same exact shooting pain, the lack of being able to put pressure on my foot and the same type of joinig lock that I feel when I try move or twist my foot.

I'm not even sure how it really happened. I was reaching to get something then took a step but I guess my foot wasn't stable and sideways it went. A second later, I was on the floor, my fall padded by my coupon binder and a bag of textiles that I was carrying. I have that awful vomit/faint feeling reflex so between feeling that and the pain in my ankle, I'm glad I was on the floor.

My hub put my air/gel filled brace on me which helped relieve some of the pain but that thing is so awkward and bulky. Wearing it with shoes is impossible so I had to remove it when we went out, which was okay. I limped around for most of the night and put the brace back on while I slept. This sprain isn't as severe as the last one because I am able to put pressure on it, though not by itself (steps are a killer) and the pain isn't quite as sharp.

It makes me so mad because I still feel very occasional pain in my left foot and now this.

No comments:

Post a Comment